My husband and I were recently in Las Vegas and we stayed at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. Can you believe that after all these years of vacationing in Vegas, we’ve never stayed here? Imagine my excitement when my husband told me we were going to be staying at this ritzy mega-resort on the far South end of The Strip….Eeeeekkkk *spirit fingers*!!!!! This resort is massive in size. Just the walk from the parking garage to the main casino floor was a heck of a journey. My husband was complaining because the luggage was SO heavy (he should have listened to me and brought the rolling luggage *side eye*) and we had to keep taking breaks.
We used some MyVEGAS points we had for the first night (leaving only the balance due of $38.50 on our part for the resort fee) and booked via Last Minute Travel Club for the additional nights. If you’ve never used MyVEGAS points to book a room in Las Vegas all you’ll need once you arrive, is your ID and hotel players club card. Both items must match the game username, which is attached to your Facebook page. I’ve talked about the reservation site LMTC before, so if you’re looking for more information please read that blog post here.
All I’m going to say is we should have taken advantage of the valet parking near the registration. Walking from the parking garage to the hotel check-in counter was an absolute adventure. This hotel is just massive. Once we got to the check-in area, the actual desk is towards the back of that area. Whew! I was tired from all that walking…nothing a nice blue moon can’t cure right….lol *wink* We arrived right on time because there was no one in line. Woo Hoo!! Walked right up to the desk, paid our resort fee and security deposit, then we were on our way to the elevators. Yikes!
They also have a really cool mobile check-in process. Guests can register on their phone prior to arrival and then once you arrive head over to a check-in station, that will dispense your room keys and provide room information. Skip the lines
**Hotel Safety Tip: Make sure that you stay on floors lower than the 10th floor. In the event of a fire, the fire department ladder can only go as high as the 10th floor. Stay Safe!
🛌 | The layout and floor plan of the standard rooms (Resort King) here was amazing! I appreciate the fact that the bathroom was not right at the entry as you walk in the room. Most Vegas hotel rooms are designed with the bathroom at the room entry, so you see the restroom as soon as you enter. Nope…not at Mandalay Bay! They also feature his and hers lighted closets with some pretty snazzy white plantation doors, that I could not stop gushing over. Floor-to-Ceiling windows with some breathtaking views of the Mandalay Bay pool and surrounding area. Fully stocked mini-bar at an additional charge of course and a coffee machine. Check it out below. Enjoy!
- Television | Yes, it’s mounted to the wall and can be adjusted.
- Desk | Yes, it’s an extension of the dresser, so it did not take up much space.
- Free Wi-Fi | I’m mean they claim it’s free, but you only get it with the resort fee, so I’m not sure how free that is. I will say it was good and fast! I was able to get connected within seconds and we were able to connect 3 different devices.
- Hair dryer | Yes, a hair dryer is available.
- Iron/ironing board | Yes, This is pretty standard in most if not all Vegas rooms.
- Bathroom Features | Separate glass-enclosed shower and soaking tub. Twin vanities with a make-up mirror that was the cat’s meow. I had a black head near my nose (that I had no idea I had mind you) took a glance in the make-up mirror and removed it with the quickness….lol
- Refrigerator | No, and as a matter of fact, the standard rooms (Resort King) here are not equipped with refrigerators. We inquired about one at check in and we were told they could have someone bring one to our room at no charge. Nice!
Most often times when I arrive in Vegas and check into my hotel, I like to walk around and get a feel for my surroundings for the next few days. On the 2nd day I finally got a full sense of direction, so be prepared to get lost….A LOT!
- Casino | Yes, they have a casino and I found my Game of Thrones slots!! The Mandalay Bay casino floor has every type of slots machine and table game you can think of. Just don’t play slots near the bathroom. No one wins big in this area because they figure most people are sitting here for a few moments waiting on their spouse/significant other to come out of the restroom.
- Sports Book | Yes, they have a sports book on-site that my husband frequented quite a bit during our stay. They also have a casual dining cafe attached to the sports book that made a decent burger for a great price. Now the service wasn’t the best, but the prices were on point.
- Dining | There are so many dining options to choose from at the Mandalay Bay, I’m sure you’ll find something that satisfies your appetite.
- Pool | We did visit the Mandalay Beach and it was pretty cool. I took my shoes off to feel the sand in-between my toes and I must say it was nice.
- Room service | Yes, they offer room service and if I’m not mistaken it’s served 24/7. We did not partake, simply due to the outrageous cost of a burger. Do you know it would have cost us almost $26 with delivery fees, taxes, and mandatory gratuity?!? Uh yeah…no thanks! We walked down to the Sports Book cafe and saved some cash for gambling later….lol *wink*
Before I close this post, I want to say that the City of Las Vegas and all of the people who were affected by this horrible act of violence are in my thoughts and prayers. Read more here. #VegasStrong
Welp…that’s it, that’s all! We ♥ your feedback here at Stay and Play Vegas! Have you stayed at The Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Vegas strip? If so, what was your experience? Feel free to share and help make this resource list longer & better. Until next time…
Happy Travels *wink*